Light and Creamy Tomato Soup
Hearty soups are the staple of Autumn, but if you’re not ready for the potato and leek just yet, try our delicious tomato soup.
½ litre of broth (vegetable or chicken), boiled and reduced to a simmer
1 medium green onion
1 chopped celery stick
1 tablespoon tomato paste
16 plum tomatoes
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
6 tablespoons of low-fat, plain yoghurt (optional)
2 small sprigs of fresh basil
- Finely chop the onion, celery and tomatoes and combine them in a pan over a low heat.
- Once onions start to sweat, add the tomato paste and gently ladle in the warm broth, and leave to simmer for half an hour.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, and pulse until your desired texture. (Blending until smooth is recommended).
- For a heartier taste, add a tablespoon of yoghurt when portioned into bowls.
Spiced Strawberry Jam
A classic British condiment with an Autumn spice twist.
300g of fresh strawberries, finely chopped
250ml of good quality, sweet red wine
2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 small cinnamon stick
220g of dark brown soft sugar
½ a tablespoon of crushed chilli
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
Pinch of salt
- In a large saucepan, leave the strawberries to soak in the red wine for at least ten minutes.
- Bring to the boil over a medium heat, and add the cinnamon stick, sugar, ginger, apple cider and salt. Stir in gently.
- Boil for 1 hr, stirring occasionally to stop congealing.
- When the mixture is thick and at jam consistency, pour into clean jam jars and refrigerate.
Overnight Chia Seed and Cinnamon Pudding
Chia pudding is a healthy breakfast alternative to hearty porridge, keeping you full until lunch. Being so versatile, you can add any seasonal fruit, seeds or nuts to top it off.
240ml of almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
½ teaspoon of honey
½ teaspoon of powdered cinnamon
Handful of fresh fruits, nuts and seeds of your choice
- In a clean glass container, like a jam jar or a mason jar, mix the almond milk, honey, cinnamon and chia seeds, and replace the lid.
- Put the mixture in the fridge to let the chia seeds soak up liquids overnight.
- In the morning, sprinkle fresh fruit, seeds or nuts and enjoy!