What to wear to the office:
Find all the essential fashion buys to keep you looking smart and sophisticated at the office here at our Work Wear Edit. From sophisticated Floral Cotton Tops and flattering Ponte Pencil Skirts to the Black Linen Trousers, we’ve got your workwear wardrobe covered. To add a seasonal update to your wardrobe, be sure to visit our frequently updated Fashion Trends edits. We've based your work wear essentials list on things we would actually wear to work ourselves.
We've built a solid wardrobe by relying on basics and then having fun by adding in great accessories and shoes. To keep it easy, we suggest finding a colour theme for your wardrobe. Currently ours is black and white, which sounds boring but we have lots of variety with prints, colour pops, multiple textures, etc.
By having a colour scheme, you can easily mix and match separates: it just makes great sense!
1. Black Trousers Bootcut trousers are cleanly tailored from cotton-blend fabric and sharply detailed with hidden fastenings. This classic pair of mid-rise bootcut trousers are smart and flattering and it boasts a comfortable fit. Designed to complement other pieces in the collection, we'll be wearing ours from desk to dinner with a printed blouse, white pumps and a portfolio clutch. For a great leggy look, we would sometimes wear extra-long bootcut black pants with extra tall wedges.
2. Peplum Top I love a jacket or top with a peplum. It's an easy-way to give yourself an hourglass shape but still look polished. It's feminine without being too over the top like, Cowl Neck Jersey. The great thing about a peplum top is that you can wear it out over trousers or a skirt and look completely finished. The Navy-Cream Stripe Peplum Top has a pretty peplum flare, it is feminine and fashionable, and a must-have for the new season.
3. Pencil Skirt It's a classic for a reason: there's a pencil skirt for every body. Not only is it ultra feminine, it's also comfy if you choose a style with stretch. Our favourite pencil skirt this season is a bold black pencil skirt, is effortlessly cool but inherently wearable. Like the trench coat or the white tee, a tailored pencil skirt is a wardrobe essential, designed with the career woman in mind. Cut from quality jersey with a front ruched effect, this black skirt is a versatile office staple in a sleek pencil shape.
4. Seasonless Tights In general, seasonless black tights are a great solution. They are lighter weight and sheerer coverage than heavy opaque tights.
5. Cardigans Cardigans may sound boring, but there are actually so many ways you can wear them, that we never run out of ideas: Try prints, belting them, adding a colour pop camisole underneath, buttoning halfway, etc.
6. Chain Belts This elegant classic works on everything from trousers to dresses and skirts. We love the look of a princess cut dress, colour matching cardigan and chain belt. We are a fan of belts in general as a finishing touch, but the chain belt is our favourite.
7. It's About the Details How do I finish off my look every day? We like dark red lips, a statement necklace and bracelets... lots and lots of bracelets. It's all about adding those elements that make your look personal, but still professional. Looking polished doesn't mean you can't add a bit of flare.