We love a good animal print; our Ocelot Cashmere Sweater and Zebra Print Cardigan especially. In fact, I’m not sure we've ever met an animal print we don’t like. But animal prints can be overdone and this is something you often see ladies over-indulging in. So while shouldn't stop you from enjoying animal prints, do pay attention to how you wear it. Animal prints are a classic, in everything from dresses to tops to handbags and worn the right way they are chic at the same time.
Here’s how to wear animal prints:
- Do try animal prints in small doses. You’ll never go wrong trying animal prints in smaller pieces like a cardigan – something that adds some zing without going overboard.
- Do wear animal prints on body parts you want to highlight. Top heavy? Wear a Leopard-Print Pencil Skirt with a dark top. Bottom heavy? Put the print on your top. Just don’t wear youranimal prints on body parts you want to camouflage or minimize.
- Do match animal prints with a neutral. Animal prints shine when paired with something simple and low-key like a black pair of trousers or a skirt.
- Do scale the print to your body type. Remember the golden rule of prints: the closer together the print (the less background space showing) the more flattering the print. When you wear a print that is widely spaced out it enlarges the body area you wear it on.
- Do try an Animal Print Scarf. It may seem like a small item, but a leopard print scarf adds lots of wow to any look.
- Do wear animal prints to work. A great Leopard-Print Cardigan over a neutral top with a pencil skirt or trousers is a perfect workday look and makes for a classic outfit that's smart enough for the office.