Now that summer is almost here, it's time to start planning those spectacular summer soirees. Think Garden fetes and cocktail parties, it's time to celebrate the outdoors in style but first lets get the drinks right. After all whats a garden party without a delicious cocktail. Think fresh fruity flavours, garnished to perfection and served in fancy glasses. Stuck for ideas? Try our recipe for the perfect Stawberry Martini. This drink is ever so simple to make but will be sure to inject some vibrancy into the party and charm your guests.
- 150g (5oz) strawberries, hulled
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- Ice cubes
- A splash of dry vermouth
- 250ml (8fl oz) gin or vodka
- Blend together strawberries, 3-4 ice cubes and sugar in an electric blender until pureed.
- Pour into a cocktail shaker, add some extra ice, a splash of vermouth and some gin or vodka depending on your preference.
- Stir and strain into four chilled martini glasses.
- Skewer extra strawberrys and place on the rim of the martini glasses.